High blood pressure is a typical condition in which the long haul power of the blood against your supply route dividers is high enough that it might in the end cause medical issues, for example, heart illness.
Blood pressure is resolved both by the measure of blood your heart pumps and the measure of protection from blood stream in your courses. The more blood your heart pumps and the smaller your veins, the higher your blood pressure.
You can have high blood pressure (hypertension) for a considerable length of time with no symptoms. Indeed, even without symptoms, harm to blood vessels and your heart proceeds and can be recognized. Uncontrolled high blood pressure expands your danger of genuine medical issues, including heart assault and stroke.
Hypertension is generally a silent condition.Symptoms of severe hypertension can include:
- shortness of breath
- chest pain
- visual changes
- blood in the urine
These symptoms require quick medical consideration. They don't happen in everybody with hypertension, however sitting tight for a side effect of this condition to show up could be lethal.
There are two types of high blood pressure.
1. Primary hypertension : it happens in adults age group.there is no causes happens underlying condition. tends to develop gradually over many years.called primary hypertension.
2. Secondary hypertension: it appear suddenly and cause higher blood pressure than does primary hypertension.Various conditions and medications can lead to secondary hypertension, including:
- Kidney problems
- Adrenal gland tumors
- Thyroid problems
- Certain defects you're born with (congenital) in blood vessels
- Certain medications, such as birth control pills, cold remedies, decongestants, over-the-counter pain relievers and some prescription drugs
- Illegal drugs, such as cocaine and amphetamines
- Obstructive sleep apnea
Treatment consists of self care and diuretics
Eating a healthier diet with less salt, exercising regularly and taking medication can help lower blood pressure.
- Physical exercise
- Stress management
- Quitting smoking
- Quitting smoking tobacco.
- Home blood pressure monitors
- Regular monitoring of blood pressure can help diagnose high blood pressure.
- Low sodium diet
- A diet that restricts salt (sodium chloride)
- ACE inhibitor
- Beta blocker
- Anti hypertensive drug
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Calcium channel blocker
- Relaxes blood vessels.
- Widens blood vessels.
Diagnosing hypertension is as straightforward as taking a blood pressure perusing. Most specialists' workplaces check blood pressure as a component of a normal visit. On the off chance that you don't get a blood pressure perusing at your next arrangement, ask for on.
These tests can include:
- urine test
- cholesterol screening and other blood tests
- test of your heartâ€™s electrical activity with an electrocardiogram (EKG, sometimes referred to as an ECG)
- ultrasound of your heart or kidney
- whole grains
- lean proteins like fish
High blood pressure has many risk factors, including:
- Family History(High blood pressure tends to run in families.)
- Being overweight
- Not being physically active
- Using tobacco.
- Too much salt (sodium) in your diet.
- Too little potassium in your diet
- Drinking too much alcohol.
- Certain chronic conditions
ConclusionHypertension is the most widely recognized essential analysis in America. In spite of the fact that control rates have enhanced they are still far underneath the ideal objective. Later clinical preliminaries have shown that powerful circulatory strain control can be accomplished in many patients who are hypertensive, yet the lion's share will require at least two antihypertensive medications. Of central significance, clinicians ought to endorse way of life adjustments, sufficient antihypertensive medication portions, or proper medication mixes for successful BP control.